Sunday, August 06, 2006

Great Wall

Hello everyone. Its Sunday evening here. Another hot humid day. This morning, we visited a jade factory. Kind of neat to see them carving jade right there, and there were tons of things made from jade, but a bit expensive. Then we went to visit the Great Wall. That was pretty incredible to see. The wall climbs right up the side of a mountain, and is very, very steep. There were only 7 or 8 from our group who managed to make it to the top. Liam thought we were going too slow so he took off ahead with another person from our group and beat everyone one to the top. Margo wants everyone to know that she made it to the top, while carrying Ella in a snuggly. I thought it best to lag behind, just in case anyone fell or dropped anything. Thats me, always thinking of other people. It really is an awesome sight. I bought a T-shirt that reads "I Climbed The Great Wall". They were out of the shirts that read "I had a heart attact on the Great Wall". We are having a wonderful time here. I would love to come back someday. Everywhere you go, the service is incredible. If you are eating breakfast, and get up to get another banana from the buffet, they clean off your table before you get back. I keep thinking I've lost my table. Oh, and by the way, you haven't lived till you've pooped in a squatty. Instead of a toilet, they just put a hole in the floor. Really good exercise for the old leg muscles. And your aim. I will try and post photos in the morning. This computer is all in chinese and either the connection is too slow, or some guy named Boris in Russia is opening his e-mail and wondering "who the hell are these people"

Hope everyone is doing well and we will see you all soon.

Margo,Bill,Liam,Ella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home